Tuesday, October 28, 2008

edinburgh!














































so I had a blast in Edinburgh. and I'm going to venice next week! elections are a week from today too so hopefully you have all voted or are going to in a week! obama 08!

anyway, so yes Edinburgh. We stayed at the Globetrotter Inn, which is probably the best hostel in the world. I'm not positive about that because it's the first one I've ever seen but still...it was pretty dang amazing. The view was awesome from our hostel and the place was just so cool! There is a photo up there among the pictures of the view from our hostel; it's of the Firth of Forth, which is a body of water...sort of like a bay or something. anyway it was so cool to get to see the water from our hostel and we're pretty sure we saw Nessie that first day we were there...of course, we had been up since 4:00 am...so maybe it was just a duck or something....

I absolutely loved the city! I was actually more impressed than I thought I would be. We went to two museums, saw the awesome castles, and did the Scotch Whiskey Experience, which was wicked cool. It's like a tour that teaches you about how Scotch Whiskey is made and like the different areas that it comes from and then they put you on a little trolley type thing and you go through a tunnel and yeah it's just really neat. it was only like 7 pounds and was definitely worth the price!

there is a store here that..ladies...if you ever come over here, you must check out. it's called Lush and it is freaking amazing. it's like bath and body works to the 10th power. my skin is so soft right now! I'm recommending Lush to you all! also, Primark...it's super cheap! Primark and Wilkinson's have become our friends haha. lots of cheap stuff. like an equivalent of wal-mart or something.

So the new Snow Patrol and Lovedrug CDs have come out and everyone should check them out! these albums are amazing.
I will have more pictures of Edinburgh up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment