Tuesday, August 19, 2008

two weeks!

I must say that it is quite surreal that in exactly two weeks, I will be boarding my first international flight...to London! I will spend a day or so there and see some wonderful sights. Oh, and I will scout out where my October LSAT will take place! That's also a crazy thought: a month after my school starts in Wales, I get to take my second LSAT...in London!

Hmmm..I suppose some introductions are in order. My name is Desiree Mitchell and I will be RSU's first student to study abroad in Wales at Swansea University during the fall semester. While I'm there, I'll be blogging for RSU to let you all know what is going on in my exciting, and now international, life! I'll show you all plenty of pictures and tell some exciting tales of what school and life are like in Swansea, Wales!

I must say that preparing for Wales has been quite a process. I had to get a passport, of course and have a plethora of pictures taken for the passport and my student ID and who knows what else! I've had to book my flight, of course (I got a great deal on it, though!). I've also faxed TONS of paperwork. It seems like every other week I'm getting some package in the mail to fill out and fax back to them. They've been great, though. The staff there is really taking care of a great many things for us. It's quite surprising actually because I've been stressing out about taking care of everything, and then I'll find out that it's already taken care of. Enrolling has been interesting, though, because their website was down for a while, and then I couldn't log in. It turns out that they had my birthday wrong so that is why I couldn't log in. Also, it turns out that students enroll once they arrive there, and I only needed to pick out a list of classes I WANT to take. Also, they don't take as many classes as I'm used to taking so I'll be taking a couple online from RSU because, apparently, three classes at a time is just not enough for me!

There are certainly a number of things that you have to find out for yourself when you're the first student to do something. It's somewhat difficult not having anyone to answer your questions so I hope that I can shed some light on the process for future students who go! Well I look forward to talking to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Desiree, I don't think we know each other but we know a lot of the same people and we're both student bloggers! I was the student for the Italy trip. Yay for studying abroad! I'm so glad you got this opportunity and although I've never been to Wales, I'm sure you're going to love it. Studying and living in Europe is so amazing! Congrats again and I look forward to reading your blog!
    -Jennifer Hanley

    ReplyDelete