Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More From Swansea


I have almost been here a month! I can't believe it. It only seems like yesterday that I got here on the train. The days go by so fast! I am finally getting used to the driving here. It seems normal to me now to drive on the left. Haha. Let's hope that doesn't come back with me when I get back to the United States.


We started the actual term last week. I have two modules or classes: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age and British Atlantic World. Both have been interesting so far and I have enjoyed them. War and Peace in the Nuclear Age is basically an overview of international relations since 1945. It is interesting to hear a different point of view on the Cold War and I have heard of concepts that I haven't heard before. British Atlantic World is an overview of early modern Britain and its relationship with its Atlantic colonies. It stops at the end of the Seven Years' War.


As far as travel goes, I went to Cardiff and Bath with my pre-sessional class. Those were really fun to go to. Bath was especially cool because of the Roman baths and ruins. It was terribly cold when we went there though. I am going to Amsterdam next week, February 17-20 with a school sponsored trip. This will be my first time to continental Europe! I'm really excited. Me and a couple friends here are planning a trip to Paris sometime towards the end of March. This is really exciting for me because I am a big history geek. Haha. I really want to go to Versailles.

No comments:

Post a Comment